Monday, September 20, 2010

feedback

My idea for this project was very vague and personal. The word I chose was breed, meant to symbolize family and blood as well as to suggest the way cows are bred, treated, and killed in the food making process (I am a vegetarian). The idea of the cow was mainly because of a family joke, the joke being that my mom has purchased 2 life sized cow statues to sit on my front lawn. In addition, my main connection to nature is when I go to the birkshires to stay at my aunt and uncle who live on this amazing farm in a beautiful house so cows always just seem to be present... As I introduced my piece to my group they instantly recognized the simple qualities of the picture, but struggled to identify my word. Once I pointed out "breed" hidden within the spots of the cow my group suggested I do something to highlight it to make it more clear to the viewer. We also discussed my intentions with the background, together we wondered if placing it in a setting would punctuate the piece or overpower it.

No comments:

Post a Comment