Sunday, October 17, 2010

What If... things get hard?

During the idea development portion of this project I really struggled to think of an idea that I felt was 'my own' within the parameters of the assignment. This experience was really different for me in this class and although I ultimately did not end up with a solid product, I gained a less palpable lesson. For the first time I really struggled, conceptually, with a project and it drove me to think more about the 'what if' issues and although I was not able to express them on paper, my frustration led me to be more acutely aware of these problems. When reading your feedback, "Remember that creativity shows up when you have to work within parameters. It’s important that you embrace the spirit of the assignment, that you “get on board” even if it feels outside of your comfort zone." This quote really made me go back to first term freshman year and reexamine what it means to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment