Monday, February 22, 2010

Clay Alter Ego

Portraying your self in another form is always difficult. Its hard enough knowing who you are as a person, trying to translate that into an animal is that much harder. It was really hard to develop an idea, thinking of the situation and the animal separately to represent myself was simpler, merging the two together posed a problem. When I listed my traits I tried to be as honest as possible. The development stage was the most fun. Helping friends create an alternative self as an animal was really fun and allowed us to learn a lot about eachother. But I struggled when it came to developing my own idea. As soon as a friend suggested the peacock to represent my more relaxed side I knew I needed something like the roller skates to show a more energetic side as well. The conceptual side of this project was challenging and fun, and the technical side provided more of the same. It started out well with the body of the peacock, the real challenge was making the fan. I went through three different ideas before one worked. This project more than any made me exert the most physical effort, but I was pleased with the outcome, although I am yet to see it fully glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment