Monday, October 19, 2009

Reflecting on Found Object Sculpture


I first started with a jelly bean (gumball type) machine. Immediately I knew I wanted to use that for a head on my sculpture. Then I started playing around with putting the facial features inside the globe. It wasn't until sarah lent me purple yarn to use as hair that I decided to make it clown like. Then I found the door handle for a mouth and decided on the pot for the body and the rest just flowed. I think I did not take much away from todays critique about my personal work but I really enjoyed the chance to get to see other peoples thought process and how they took this project differently then I did. My favorite part of my piece in terms of creativity were the door handle for a mouth, a hair pick for a hand (with lots of fingers), and a skrew as a propeller on the hat. The shoes were a last minute addition that added to the big footed clown look but I wish I had used a more original material.

No comments:

Post a Comment