Monday, October 5, 2009

Reflecting on my first critique

While sitting in the "living room" and listening to Ms. Roberts give instructions for the critique I thought it would be a piece of cake. Usually I am totally comfortable speaking in front of my peers and talking about my work but in those moments where there was no talking at all and I had to stand by listening, I felt the butterflies flittering in my stomach. Although it was very casual and I still felt the jumpy feeling when you know your under a microscope. I though my peers did an excellent job of analyzing my piece. They thought critically about what each symbol meant, and looked at each artistic detail I attempted to incorporate. Although we did not spend to long on each piece I think it was a positive experience and it was a nice check in. It was good to know people are really seeing the work you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment